Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!!!

Thank you to all the service men and women whom have fought for our freedom. May God bless you and your families.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful 4th of July. The cookouts are going, getting ready for fireworks and those yummy desserts.

Since I have to work the night shift tonight and am going to miss the fireworks my mom and I decided to go pick blackberries today. A local farm, Grelen Nursery, had a great special running for pick your own. I couldn't pass up a special on fresh picked berries. 20 pints later and what to do with all these berries?


Tomorrow I think I'll make some blackberry preserves and maybe a blackberry cobbler. I'm sure we'll be making plenty of blackberry smoothies. What are your favorite ways to use blackberries?

No comments:

Post a Comment