Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jalapeno Poppers


Jalapeno poppers are one of my favorite foods. I love the cream cheese and cheddar mixture inside. Oh so creamy and gooey.

When I went to my local grocery store and they had a pack of jalapenos on discount I thought "this is my chance to try and make the poppers." There were 9 jalapenos for only $0.31. WOW!

Into the kitchen I went and started mixing and stirring. Here's what I came up with.

5 Jalapenos cut in half and seeds removed
4 oz. cream cheese- softened
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/8 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. cumin
salt and pepper to taste
bread crumbs for sprinkling on top

Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stuff jalapenos with cream cheese mixture. Place in small casserole dish and sprinkle bread crumbs on top of jalapenos. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Enjoy!!

The best part is it only cost $1.50 for all 10 halves. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment