Thursday, May 20, 2010

Frozen Strawberry Delight


Strawberries are a favorite in our house, so I try to make many different things with them. One of my daughters favorite desserts to eat is my frozen strawberry delight. It is very simple and yummy. All you need is strawberries, sugar and water, oh and some plastic containers to freeze them in. I usually save all my butter cups or those little containers you get store bought potato salad in. They work great.
First wash your berries, cap them, then slice them to bite size pieces. Measure 10 cups of strawberries into a large kettle. Pour in 3 cups of water and 1 1/2 cups of sugar. Cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes. Just until sugar is dissolved. Let cool. Pour into your plastic containers and freeze. Enjoy them frozen on use them in smoothies. My daughter loves to eat them frozen right out of the container. Yum!!

Do you have any great strawberry recipes? Share with us~!

No comments:

Post a Comment